Music Production requires an adventurous and creative exploration of technology and sound. In this camp, teens will learn the fundamentals of music production with mainstream software used by the most award-winning artists in the music industry today. They will program and experiment with multi-genre beat construction using audio samples, loops, and virtual instruments, incorporating a variety of mixing effects. Examine the musical qualities and music theory principles that make up different EDM genres, discovering the resources, steps and frameworks that will help you master your music production craft. Discover a unique sound and prepare, record, and export songs to be shared.
- Identify music theory concepts, fundamental principles, and genre characteristics associated with electronic music production
- Create beats using audio samples, loops, and virtual instruments with Ableton Live software and Push 2 hardware
- Apply keyboard shortcuts to create quick workflow
- Apply mixing effects such as delay, reverb, and EQ’ing
- Quantize to correct timing for production, recording and editing
Students will have created an originally arranged, recorded, edited, and exported song.
Who is this camp for?
Teens looking to experiment with creating and mixing beats using the Ableton Live software.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate