Stories have the power to inform, entertain, and persuade. With today’s social media, stories are being told to build a sense of community and create a sense of shared purpose across cultures, language, gender, and age. Learn how a targeted audience can increase the effectiveness of the story, dive into audience analysis, and approach storytelling from unique and creative perspectives. In this camp, teens will bring to life a communicative experience that may include any combination of text, images, audio, video, animation, and interactive elements. Work individually and collaboratively to produce compelling, emotionally engaging, and purpose-driven stories across multiple channels.
- Identify properties and characteristic differences among various digital media
- Utilize professional design tools to create a variety of digital storytelling projects
- Apply storytelling methodology to enhance audience engagement
- Demonstrate effective communication skills by asking questions, expressing opinions, constructing narratives, and writing for an audience
- Formulate an effective strategy for design, development, creation, and execution
Students will have created a portfolio of short, personal, and collaborative multimedia digital projects ideal for social media.
Who is this camp for?
Teens who enjoy telling stories and desire to create more meaningful narratives using a variety of digital tools and formats.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate