Images have been the driving success behind traditional social media. Today’s social media has evolved into storytelling platforms. These social channels are more interactive than ever before and being utilized to build a sense of community across cultures, language, gender, and age. Learn how to approach storytelling through target audiences to engage users. In this camp, teens will bring to life a communicative experience that may include any combination of text, images, audio, video, animation, and interactive elements. Work individually and collaboratively to produce compelling, emotionally engaging, and purpose-driven stories across multiple channels.
- Identify properties and characteristic differences among various digital media
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite tools to create a variety of digital storytelling projects
- Apply storytelling methodology to enhance audience engagement
- Demonstrate effective communication skills by asking questions, expressing opinions, constructing narratives, and writing for an audience
- Formulate an effective strategy for design, development, creation, and execution
Students will have created a portfolio of short, personal, and collaborative multimedia digital projects ideal for social media.
Who is this camp for?
Teens who enjoy telling stories and desire to create more meaningful narratives using a variety of digital tools and formats.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate