Fans of 3D games like Fortnite, Bioshock, and the Batman Arkham series will find 3D Game Design to be right up their ally. In this camp, students will learn and practice several cornerstones of game design and development using Unreal Engine 4, the powerful, industry-leading 3D creation engine. Through the use of the Blueprints Visual Scripting system, students will create gameplay elements such as atmospheric effects, environmental textures, hidden properties, and animated behaviors within a single-level environment complete with terrain and 3D objects. Upon completion of this camp, students will have the necessary skills to translate ideas into playable game features.
- Identify Blueprint types and functions
- Connect Nodes, Events, Functions, and Variables within the Blueprint Visual Scripting system to create functional gameplay elements
- Create interactive assets such as doors, switches, and destructible scenery
- Apply textures that promote a sense of exploration in a 3D environment
- Perform simple logic on conditions to execute gameplay
Personally crafted Blueprints that implement behavior, functionality and gameplay events within a single level.
Who is this camp for?
Teens wanting to design and build a multi-dimensional interactive experience using a dominant global game development platform.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate