Do you enjoy viewing animated films like Moana, Incredibles 2, and Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse and wonder how they are made? Do you enjoy art and illustration? If this sounds like you, then you do not want to miss out on this exciting opportunity to bring animated characters to life! In this camp, students will apply the 12 principles of animation to a variety of animation projects using industry leading tools, including Oscar-winning Maya software. They will explore the fundamentals of digital illustration, analyze character construction and movement, practice professional workflows, and create customized animations that can effectively communicate an idea or story to an audience. They will learn software concepts such as keyframing, viewports, and playblasting. As students translate, rotate and scale each individual asset within a 3D environment, they will experience firsthand what it takes to create stunning animation. This is the perfect first step into the exciting field of digital animation! Don’t miss out!
- Apply the 12 principles of animation to objects, scenarios, and characters
- Pan, zoom, rotate and maneuver in a 3D environment
- Act out and record reference videos to implement personality in animations
- Use a time slider and channel box to control playback range, key frames, breakdowns, and attribute values
- Analyze the movements of an animated sequence to effectively improve the quality and engagement of animation
Students will create 2D and 3D animations that employ the 12 principles of animation.
Who is this camp for?
Teens interested in art and want to experiment with multi-dimensional digital animations.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate