The Audio, Sound, and Music Production industries rely heavily on effective listening skills, creative expression, and attention to detail. In this camp, students will hone these skills through a series of interactive audio projects. They will explore sound waves, microphones, frequencies, technology, electricity, and music theory and trends—all of which will aid them in making smarter choices when composing music and sound. Consider for a moment experts in the movie industry created the sound of a Trex by recording Jack Russel terriers. Talk about being creative! If your child has a desire to turn ordinary audio into unique sounds, then this is their camp.
- Capture and edit a library of sounds
- Apply artistic concepts like volume, panning, and effects
- Edit ordinary sounds to communicate specific emotive elements
- Develop refined listening skills through a series of engaging exercises
- Identify common concepts and vocabulary associate with Audio
Students will have constructed a collection of audio and sound projects that will demonstrate the power of listening.
Who is this camp for?
Kids who love to make noise and want to creatively reshape sound to convey a story or message.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate