Students will learn what it takes to produce a stop-motion animated film including storyboarding, filming, editing, and adding visual and sound effects. Campers will create several animated short films in multiple styles including fictional narrative with toy animation, the popular and biographical “Draw-my-life,” and a clay-mation final project. During the film creation process, students will hone skills in story and character development, camera technique, lighting, and frame-by-frame image capturing. They will begin using the Stop-Motion iPad app to learn the essential concepts and will be editing their final projects in Premiere Pro in the end.
- Identify key concepts and styles associated with stop motion animation
- Practice sound techniques and visual effects to enhance storytelling
- Experiment with special editing techniques
- Apply production management skills by performing a variety of production roles
- Execute an effective production plan, implementing work in small time frames
Students will create a benchmark short animation film and several stop-motion studies utilizing audio and visual effects.
Who is this camp for?
Kids with an appreciation for animated cartoons and movies and would like to make their very own film from scratch.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate