Minecraft is a perfect platform for aspiring game designers to learn problem-solving, practice critical thinking, test logic skills, and implement level design strategies. In this camp, students will fine-tune their understanding of wiring and logic gates to design and code an assortment of mini games within the fully functional Minecraft world. Campers will implement elements of risk, reward, rules, formal structure, competition and goals into their games. They design for better UX by considering scenery, difficulties, multiplayer capabilities, and calibration. Each mini game will be designed and planned, tested, and iterated based on collaborative analysis, feedback, and research.
- Explore a standard 3D x/y/z coordinate navigation system
- Execute proper planning during preliminary design stages to better pivot when unexpected challenges arise
- Use basic logic programming to create working machines in-game
- Implement abstract thinking and problem-solving to effectively scale, position, and build structures within the Minecraft world
- Collaboratively playtest and iterate designs to improve UX
Students will have created Minecraft mini games that are collaboratively designed and built incorporating personal expression, creatively solved problems, and aesthetic environments.
Who is this camp for?
Kids looking to expand their Minecraft knowledge and hone their game design skills.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate