Anyone can play a game, but it takes special knowledge and drive to create them. In this camp, students explore the fundamentals of designing and developing multidimensional video games, and develop an understanding of what it takes to build a game from the ground up. Students will use GameMaker Studio 2 to streamline the game development process, make digital art, and then use powerful tools to turn their still pictures into animations – enhancing their game’s style. Using Game Maker’s code block system, kids will program behaviors and reactions into their game and fine-tune the gameplay mechanics.
- Utilize fundamental design and programming principles to create games
- Customize a visual style for their game using personally crafted art assets
- Analyze existing game designs to discover what makes games fun
- Program gameplay features, character abilities, and adjust degrees of difficulty
- Collaborate with peers to ensure the design effectively communicates the vision
Interactive arcade-styled video games with a variety of objects, actions, controls, and player challenges.
Who is this camp for?
For young gamers without experience in coding games.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate