Digital tools have made it possible for anyone to create a story and share it with the world. In this camp, students explore storytelling principles and techniques and learn to appreciate how stories bring us together, encourage us to understand and empathize, empower change and action, and to help us communicate. Students will work individually and collaboratively to collect ideas, develop concepts, storyboard, script, and gather assets as they craft original digital stories. They will consider target audience and purpose as they incorporate together photography, text, music, voice, and video to convey a message with great effect.
- Utilize a variety of design tools and apps to tell digital stories
- Apply storytelling techniques to enhance audience engagement
- Demonstrate ability to convey a message through visual content
- Apply critical thinking skills to fine tune the editing process
- Collaborate with peers to critique, iterate, and improve effectiveness of the stories being told
Students will have created a mix of short, personal, and collaborative multimedia digital projects.
Who is this camp for?
Kids who enjoy telling stories and love to experiment with technology.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate