Teens (AGES 13–17)
Music Production requires an adventurous and creative exploration of technology and sounds. In this program, students will experiment with multigenre beat construction using the Ableton Live software and the Ableton Push 2 digital expressive instrument. Students will create audio samples, learn advanced mix techniques using dynamic effects such as EQ and compression, and will record an original song with built-in virtual instruments and external plugins, accumulating the experience to produce and execute a live performance.
STUDENTS WILL• Create and record an original song.
• Create beats using audio samples, loops, and virtual instruments.
• Apply mixing effects such as delay, reverb, and compression.
• Correct tempo timing and warp functions by merging multiple sounds together.
• Remix using envelopes and keyboard shortcuts to create quick workflow for live performances.
PROGRAM MILESTONESWeek 8: Genre, sounds, and goal set for original song and a completed song teaser.
Week 16: Mix, add effects, and record original song.
Week 24: Test and export song mix on various mediums (ipod, stereo, earbuds, computer, etc.)
Week 32: Completed original song ready to perform live.
FINAL PROJECTOriginally arranged, edited, and exported song that
can also be performed in-the-moment in front of a
FINAL PROJECT SHOWCASE
|Thursday December 14, 2017|
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Teens intrigued by music and DJ-ing, from composition to spinning sounds.
• Thursday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
FREE OPEN LAB HOURS
• Monday through Thursday from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• 10% per sibling after first enrollment