Teens (AGES 13–17)
Game development is more than just generating a character and a world. There’s actually a lot under the hood, and in this interactive program teens will get their hands dirty exploring, scripting, and testing gameplay logic. Using the powerful and professional quality Unreal 4 Engine, students will craft 3D objects, apply textures, build terrain, animate effects, and deliver a playable game that will stand out from the crowd.
STUDENTS WILL• Build a 3D level from concept to creation.
• Choose a character and script basic abilities for the character.
• Drag in pre-set Artificial Intelligence to create enemies and challenges.
• Create complex objects that promote a sense of exploration in a 3D environment.
• Perform simple logic on conditions such as "get to the end" and "find the key".
PROGRAM MILESTONESWeek 8: 3D game world creation complete with character, character abilities, and objects.
Week 16: A 3D single level playable game with character, a specified goal, rules and a minimum of 3 challenges.
Week 24: A 3D single level playable game with complex mechanics and multiple objectives.
Week 32: 3D game created with personalized designs and mechanics.
FINAL PROJECTOriginally designed and scripted 3D game complete
with character, obstacles, rules of gameplay, and a
FINAL PROJECT SHOWCASE
|Monday December 18, 2017|
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Teenagers eager to design and develop professional-quality game experiences.
• Monday from 7 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
FREE OPEN LAB HOURS
• Monday through Thursday from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• 10% per sibling after first enrollment