FILMMAKING & STORYTELLING
HOMESCHOOL KIDS (AGES 7–12)
Cinema is about storytelling and connecting with an audience. In this program, students will come to appreciate this very principle as they craft original stories with purpose. Students will brainstorm, script, shoot and edit a short film that showcases classic storytelling techniques, communicates a meaningful message, and demonstrates a voice unique to the filmmaker.
STUDENTS WILL• Identify the primary stages of film production.
• Identify storytelling principles and techniques common among highly revered films throughout history.
• Complete a story outline, identifying the conflict and character(s) involved.
• Script the story, incorporating setting, plot points, and dialogue.
PROGRAM MILESTONESMonth 2 : Script, Storyboard, and Teaser Film Trailer.
Month 4 : 3-5 Minute Live Action Short Film.
Month 6 : 3-5 Minute Observation Documentary Short and 3-5 Minute Animated Short.
Month 8 : Theatrical Trailer and 8-12 Minute Short Film.
FINAL PROJECTA multimedia narrative that conveys a topic meaningful
to the storyteller/director.
FINAL PROJECT SHOWCASE
|Thursday May 4, 2017|
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Aspiring filmmakers who wish to captivate an audience with their very own, uniquely crafted story.
2016 Fall enrollment closed. 2017 Spring homeschool programs start February 8.
FREE OPEN LAB HOURS
• Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• 10% per sibling after first enrollment