FILMMAKING & STORYTELLING
KIDS (AGES 7–12)
Cinema is about storytelling and connecting with an audience. In this program, students will come to appreciate this very principle as they craft original stories with purpose. Students will brainstorm, script, shoot, and edit a short film that showcases classic storytelling techniques, communicates a meaningful message, and demonstrates a voice unique to the filmmaker.
STUDENTS WILL• Employ storytelling principles and techniques common among highly revered films throughout history.
• Compose a story outline, identifying the conflict and character(s) involved.
• Script the story, incorporating setting, plot points, and dialogue.
• Storyboard principle scenes that communicate the central message of the film.
• Cast, shoot, and edit film incorporating a variety of camera and lighting techniques.
PROGRAM MILESTONESWeek 8 : Script, Storyboard, and Teaser Film Trailer.
Week 16 : 3-5 Minute Live Action Short Film.
Week 24 : 3-5 Minute Observation Documentary Short and 3-5 Minute Animated Short.
Week 32 : Theatrical Trailer and 8-12 Minute Short Film.
FINAL PROJECTA multimedia narrative that conveys a topic meaningful
to the storyteller/director.
FINAL PROJECT SHOWCASE
|Monday December 18, 2017|
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Aspiring filmmakers who wish to captivate an audience with their very own, uniquely crafted story.
• Monday from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
FREE OPEN LAB HOURS
• Monday through Thursday from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• 10% per sibling after first enrollment